1. True or False- The Relief Society has run continuously since its organization at Nauvoo in 1842?
2. Which of the following was not an official title of the Relief Society?
A) The Female Relief Society
B) The National Woman’s Relief Society
C) The Relief Society of the Church of Christ
D) The Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
3. The Relief Society founded what in Salt Lake City
A) The Salt Lake Temple
B) The Deseret Gym
C) The Deseret Hospital
D) The first day care
4. When the Relief Society was first organized in 1842, members were accepted into the society through what method?
A) They were voted in
B) They were accepted in through initiation
C) They were called in and sustained
D) They entered when reaching the age of 18
5. At the end of the nineteenth century and into the early twentieth century, what was a typical call for a Sister in the Relief Society?
A) Clean the ward meeting house
B) Provide meals to the sick and needy
C) Prepare and dress the dead for burial
D) Provide feed and water to the horses brought to church each Sabbath
(A) A gymnasium
He (Brigham Young) promoted and practiced physical activities. To make that possible, he put a gymnasium in his Utah home and encourage his children to exercise. He believed play should be where members could “enjoy the Spirit of the Lord.”
Jessie L. Embry, “Spiritualized Recreation,” BYU Studies, Volume 48, Number 3, 2009, 97.