Where was the Kirtland High School held during the Church’s stay in Kirtland, Ohio?
a. The Methodist Church
b. The Joseph Smith home
c. The Kirtland Temple
d. The John Johnson Inn
(B) Bought and sold a railroad roundhouse
Rosemary, Alberta chapel: The Rosemary Ward, purchased a “round house” from the Canadian Pacific Railway which had been built at a cost of $65,000 and never used. [The Rosemary Ward purchased this building for] $900 and the ward members went to Bassano and camped and worked until the building was torn down. Part of the beef and other food that came in to help feed the men who were working was donated—some even by non-members. The women and children went to Bassano day after day and cleaned the mortar from the bricks so that they would be saleable. They were able to sell enough heavy timbers, windows, bricks, and surplus lumber salvaged from this to pay back the $900 they borrowed to buy the building. The ground was dedicated July 5, 1939 and work began immediately.
A History of the Mormon Church in Canada (Lethbridge, Alberta: The Lethbridge Herald Co., 1968), 215.